Casgliad Cerameg A – Z

Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

 c1285 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c1285
 c713 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c713
 c711 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c711
 c710 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c710
 c709 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c709
 c707 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c707
 c703 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c703
 c704 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c704
 c1284 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c1284
 c1280 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c1280
 c720 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c720
 c719 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c719
 c701 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c701
 c721 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c721
 c700 Wales SWANSEA and NANTGARW

c700

Dyddiadau:

The Cambrian Pottery, Swansea operated from 1764 to 1870. While much of its production was in utility transfer decorated wares, it produced earthenware with very fine painted decoration by William Weston Young and Thomas Pardoe. Porcelain was produced between 1814 and 1817 and was compared very favourably with the products of the French factory at Sevres. Decorators included William Billingsley and Thomas Baxter.

Nantgarw Pottery, near Cardiff, was started by William Billingsley in 1813 for the production of porcelain. Although some very fine work was produced, the costs of production were too great and despite help from the Cambrian Pottery in Swansea the pottery closed in 1819. It recommenced production of glazed earthenware utility products in 1833 and eventually closed in 1921.

Dewislen
×
Menu