The Ceramic Collection in Aberystwyth is one of the major collections of non- industrial ceramics in Britain, currently with over 2000 pieces. Between 1920-1936 with funding from the Davies Sisters of Gregynog, the university acquired an important collection of pioneer studio pottery and Welsh slipware. Since the mid 1970s the collection has been housed and displayed in Aberystwyth Arts Centre. There is an active policy to collect British and international contemporary ceramics with a special commitment to ceramics in Wales. Many of the pieces on display have been acquired through the International Ceramics Festival and through our current exhibition programme. We are grateful for grants from the V&A Purchase Grant Fund and the Art Fund and to generous benefactors who have donated some of the earlier works.